Friday 10 April 2015

Easter reflection

So I've decided that rather than starting yet another book (I've already devoured three this holiday) I should use this time to reflect.
Where have I managed to do? How far have I got down my to do list?
 
Well not very far and very far all in one really!! I've not achieved everything I set out to but I've done so much more alongside that!!

I just read through my aims from my last post... 

I did my first 15minutes of Pilates this morning - I bought a book with a dvd. It was tricky, I'm not sure I did it all correctly but it blooming made my core work!! Now to carry on into tomorrow!

I've done so much more singing - oxjam classical concert was amazing back in November, a run of singing up to Christmas and a last minute New Years sing at our favourite local pub.
 I also sang 'to all men Jesus good has done' and the following aria with beautiful flute from St Matthew Passion for the Cranmer company of singers on Good Friday. Ikea other sing with them in July.
 I was paid £100 for one song at a polish wedding in March (originally it was intended I sing 2 or 3) and I've another 2 weddings in August (one where it's a priveldge to sing for my best friend and another where they will pay me for the privilege😉).

 On top of that, and my greatest challenge, is I've ended up taking over the year 5/6 choir at the juniors. I've taken 1 rehearsal in charge (previously supported the teacher I've taken over from and got to do a few 1 to 1 vocal sessions with a soloist for the choir - it was  really good fun and definitely made me consider 1-1 teaching at a later date!)
 By the end of the session I'd taught them a new song and had them singing it in 3 parts! We also sang through happy with harmony on each chorus (a total of 4 different parts) and they really enjoyed the warm up too!  So I now have 4 x 1 hour rehearsals to get them ready for a performance in front of their parents. I've two songs (happy and si si si) that need a little more work and to make perfect and we are also sing all you need is love with year 3/4 (I really need to get rid of of the easehhh instead of easy though!). I'd been advised to do the Lloyd Webber medley from young voices but it's a bit cringey in places - I will have to find an easy alternative if not! Unfortunately the concert falls between two other late school nights of new entrants meetings... Don't bother me that week with anything!!


On top of that Diploma looks likely for September 5th and I've got a recital in June. Things are coming together nicely! 

I might post about school stuff if I get enough time (around doing the actual school work and singing practise!).



No comments:

Post a Comment