Saturday 7 June 2014

Doodle Buddy fun!

Following my discovery of Mr P's blog (http://mrparkinsonict.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/doodle-buddy-maths.html) and his post on Doodle Buddy maths, I had a go using this with my class... 

First of all we played with the drawing tools making lines, shapes and pictures. The children quickly go to grips with the tools and many got very carried away using the stamps!

Following this we learnt how to use the camera within doodle buddy (we have already practised taking photos using the iPad). We took pictures of 2D shapes that we could spot around the classroom. To extend this I asked them to colour half. 

It was super to be able to use Reflector to show this on the Smartboard. I could pass out an iPad and ask the children to draw half in a different way asking for feed back from the rest of the class. 

This week was even more fun! Our topic is Superheros! We took pictures of each other and added superhero logos and costumes. Here's one I made earlier:

The children had far more original ideas!! 

I'm hopeful that we can learn the basics and have fun doodling on each other in F2 so that Year 1 and 2 can start to use this in lots of cross curricular ways. I can forsee year 1 taking a photo of their friend or a plant and adding labels using text. In a similar way they can use Mr P's lovely capacity idea. And I would live for year 2 to try out the data handling ideas!! How well would this work alongside science experiments?!

Other apps that work in a similar way to Doodle buddy worth a mention: Skitch, show me and Educreations (Some of these have record functions too).

No comments:

Post a Comment